Interim Executive Board (IEB) Wey House School
The IEB at Wey House School is a small group of experienced governors appointed
by the Local Authority and Regional Schools Commissioner to carry out the governance functions in the school.
As well as driving up standards of achievement and attainment, every governing body has three core functions which are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff;
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
The IEB is working closely with the Local Authority and Executive Leadership to establish the strategic direction for Wey House School.
The IEB meets regularly to monitor and question all aspects of school life, some of which are listed below:
- how effective is safeguarding in school
- how well children with Special Educational Needs and disabilities are being supported
- how is learning being made better for all children
- what has been achieved against action plans
- pupil progress information – how well are all children at our school learning
- what is attendance in school and how is it being encouraged to be higher
- how is performance management of all staff being used to raise standards in school
- how are school finances being used to make sure the school is safe and that there are the right resources in school
IEB members visit the school between meetings to:
- speak with teachers about the subject areas they lead
- explore how the school’s money is being spent
- support and challenge the executive leadership team
- be assured that there is a continuous drive for improvement in all aspects of school life
If you wish to contact the IEB, please email Mrs Yvonne McLeod: